Monday, December 16, 2013

...and it didn't help when I needed it to. A review of "Not Your Mother's Clean Freak" Dry Shampoo.

Look another post! Back-to-back? Don't get used to it, I'm flaky. I had this post in mind first but didn't think it appropriate to just jump in.

Recently I was fortunate to be chosen to receive an Influenster Violet VoxBox. Let me tell you guys, I love these things. I can almost always use at least half of what they send me and there's enough for me to actually decide if I like what they send or not. None of those tiny samples that you can barely use.

Anyway, this time I'm going to tell you about something called "Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo". Now you have to understand, I have little faith in dry shampoos. They never work for me. My hair is dark, thick and coarse. They usually make it look gray no matter how much I brush or rub with a towel. The product never seems to be able to penetrate my hair all the way so there are spots that are still oily and spots that have that volume I'm looking for. So obviously I went into this skeptical.

All this experience did was back up the others. I wanted to love this product. The idea of not having to shampoo my long hair for an extra day is something I can get behind. Dry shampoo is not my answer. My boyfriend and I had a date last night. His company Christmas party. 4 hours before I have to be there, he tells me it's dressy. I flew into panic mode. I had planned to wear jeans! So I spent the next almost 3 hours trying to find shoes to match the two (yeah, I'm not a dress up kind of girl) pretty dresses I had. Did I mention they were sleeveless and it's December? Well I just did. I finally had my outfit and it was beauty time. There's no way I can shampoo my hair, dry it, and fix it in 30 minutes. So I grabbed Not Your Mother's dry shampoo. I sprayed and sprayed, brushed and brushed. I tried very hard to get it everywhere but either I missed quite a few areas, or it just didn't absorb.

I brushed, rubbed with a towel, brushed. Flipped around, sprayed some more. There's not much left in the bottle and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. My hair still looked oily and still had that grayish sheen to it. I managed to make it presentable but I worried all night that people would think I was dirty because I didn't have time to shampoo when I rushed through my shower beforehand.

Oddly enough, when I woke up the next morning my hair was full of volume and sass. It looked much better than it did when I originally fixed it. Unfortunately for the product, it's meant to be a right now fix not a tomorrow morning one.

I wish I had some pros for this product. I hate to write a review that is full of cons. I will say that if you have light, thin hair this product could possibly work very well for you. I just need to resign myself to the fact that there will never be a dry shampoo for my crazy hair and stop trying!




I received Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo through the Influenster VoxBox program which can be located at www.influenster.com. You can find more information on this product here. The product was provided free of charge for me to use and possibly review. All opinions are mine and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment